Wednesday 19 October 2011

10 minutes and you know everything about China


I got the video '10 minutes and you know everything about China' from my friend today, and couldn't stop sharing it with all of you. Well, it takes me already 2 months (definately more than 10 minutes:D) to understand people, culture and business. It's hard, i would say, but it's such a great journey. I truly enjoy of being integrated into Hong Kong, for me this is a heart of Asia, though many people say it's a very easy version of Asia.

A short remark from history: Hong Kong is a special administrative district of Mainland of China. It was a part of Great Britain till 1997. After 1997 it's considered to be a part of China,  many people left Hong Kong in this time because of fear to communist party of Mainland.  The city is rich, well-established, safe and totally open for foreigners and business from abroad. People have different perspectives about belonging to China: they are be proud of ancient Chinese traditions, culture, emerging growth of China. At the same time, they complain that people from China are rude, wear not fashionably, take their workplaces. This is what i discovered and was told by many of my friends here.

For eastern-european, like me, it takes time to understand people and easily integrate. Sometimes, i have a feeling that i'm totally from another world with my ideas and thoughts, especially when we have meetings or discussions. But it's such a fun and full of learning, because my mind is being challenged, and i understand that only challenging my stereotypes and believes i can change myself for better :))))

The video itself is very cool: has different statistical perspectives of China, business, culture, people. Those people, who are interested in Asia will like it!

And i follow its main advise: be patient and have fun! This advise i give to everyone who is at AIESEC internship or simply living abroad, i think this is the best way to fall in love in the country, people, and change for better. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment