Sunday 25 September 2011

Resolution for my dream of Ukraine


I was thinking a lot these days in what kind of Ukraine I would like to live in? These thoughts are influenced by the events that are currently shaping my country: lack of democracy, freedom to say own opinion, economical instability etc. Yes, I don’t believe that revolutions and conflicts are the ultimate way to make our life better, I believe that each person can make our life in Ukraine better in a peaceful way.

  1. I want Ukrainian to be nation united by one vision – let’s say Ukraine 2050 – what kind of country we want? What are the economical, wellness, stability, health, educational and happiness indexes do we set for us? How can we reach them? I don’t want my country compete with other countries who is the best, which markets to conquer. I want my country be a strong and healthy country where people feel safe and happy.
  2. I don’t want Ukrainian or Russian language be a barrier between Ukrainians in their tolerant treatment of each other. I come from a very traditional Ukrainian-speaking region and in my family Ukrainian language and traditions play an important part. I value Ukrainian language as the language of our nation, and its roots, but also I value those people whose native language is Russian, but this fact doesn’t prevent them to be good, smart, love Ukraine, work, study and do good things to our country. I strongly believe all the separations in Ukraine on the basis of regions and languages are made not only but elections, but also by citizens, who can’t overstep their own principles.
  3. I don’t want to blame government in issues that are in society. One of my students told me ‘I don’t believe government is able to reduce poverty. I believe each of us (NGO, business, social business, students, poor people) are able to reduce it by playing an active role and acting.’ This is exactly what is needed – each of us should take the responsibility over things that happen in our society
  4. I want Ukrainians think globally, use opportunities to travel abroad and be able come back in order to develop our country. I want foreigners who live in Ukraine feel valued and treated well, as these people are not the ones who take our workplaces, but those who bring globallity, innovations and another way of thinking to our society. Here in Hong Kong being a foreigner, I feel exactly like this: valued and a treated as a professional.
These are just a few points of the resolution. I’m thinking about them very often, and the only question in my mind – are they possible in our country? ARE THEY POSSIBLE?

1 comment:

  1. I strongly believe those are possible. AIESEC proves it by training hundreds of life changers who are going to change at least their own life. It is just a beginning, but who said it would be fast and easy? I don't know the exact amount of time it will take, but the more people who want to change their surrounding appear, the faster social|culture|ethic evolution is running.

    ReplyDelete