Friday 18 November 2011

Hong Kong: 2 faces


I lived in the society of different, yet wonderful people. I had a chance to  discover 2 faces of Hong Kong.

The first is a luxury, big, modern financial capital with many foreigners, a truly Asia’s world city with , where everyone feels safe and comfortable. This is exactly how the city is branded and is as a great attraction to foreigner to come and live.


The second face of Hong Kong is the face of people, who  feel trapped in the speed of life, being scared of financial issues, high prices for property, and ‘living for working’, because of the competition. People are very smart and have amazing education. You will be amazed by the English level here (I didn’t have any problems with finding the place or buying things). So why do they let themselves being trapped in this speed? Being so smart and kind? Or maybe my discoveries are not connected with the culture of Hong Kong, but the nature of life in a big city? 

P.S. Yesterday was rushing home in a heavy rain. A local girl ran to me, put me under her umbrella and walked all the way to the metro station with me, asking why didn't i take umbrella and telling that i could catch a cold. The girl didn't know me and i didn't ask her about help. She just wanted to help. So, sometimes the kindness doesn't have intercultural boarders :)

1 comment: