Thursday 17 November 2011


On Monday I’m leaving Hong Kong. I’m leaving with a clear understanding that I have to move on. I don’t feel sad or too emotional, yet, I feel honored and grateful of being here and having this opportunity in my life.

Impact. Results.

Like many other AIESEC interns I came to Hong Kong with the big idea of changing the world and making impact on everything I’m doing. Such grand-AIESEC words :) Yet they mean  a lot, and if many young people start thinking about the possibility to make impact, a lot of things can be changed in the world. 
Obviously, I didn’t changed the world and Asia, but I definitely changed my life. In what way?

I worked with passionate and extremely smart people, who believed in the idea of social enterprise and devoted bigger part of their life to it. During this time I interacted and educated 99 young people.  Every time I had a feeling of fulfillment. It’s a bit hard to describe, but imagine after you do 1 or 2-hours sports’ training. After it you have a feeling of being completely tired, but have a big satisfaction and completeness. This is exactly how I felt after each workshop. 

Youth leadership, responsibility, a set of skills (critical & logical thingking), global awareness can change the way of a young person, unless we're able to transform our knowledge and experience into them.


Eat, pray and learn.

I would describe my another part of internship in this way (based on the book ‘Eat. Pray. Love’, which I have read recently. 

Eat.
I was eating a lot of delicious Chinese food, drinking all possible traditional drinks, allowing myself to eat as much as I want. This is amazing feeling, I should admit (but will not admit how many kilos I gained!:)  If I feel happy eating all that delicious food, why should I restrict myself?

Pray.
I mentioned in one of my posts about how many religious people I met here. This made a big impact on me: I returned to my religious roots, which I neglected last year. I should admit that people here treat religion not as a tradition, but because of their calling and need to believe in God. So I started to visit church, pray and felt very happy about all these feelings.

Learn.
I wanted to devote time for learning. During 3 months I managed to read 6 different books, and most important was working in a social enterprise, and discovered business itself. I met people from different areas and working in different spheres, interns, AIESECers and AIESEC alumna, and also I met people from so many countries, with so many diverse attitudes and feelings, and mindset, and cultures. Each of them was like a teacher for me. Yeah, it was intensive 3 months of continious learning and development. Yet it's only the beginning.

I shall continue my thoughts here very soon. Indeed many of them need to be put here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment